Table of Contents
Snowpiercer Tv Show
Snowpiercer Tv Show since 1927 with Metropolis by Fritz Lang, the media has tried to grapple with the struggle between classes of rich and poor.
Within a dystopian society present in the distant future. Among these, Snowpiercer di Bong Joon-ho, based on the French graphic novel Le Transperceneige, went further.
I use the clash theme between classes as a background to condense humor, sadism, and environmental criticism within a single film.
Snowpiercer (TV series)
And given that 2020 is the perfect year to celebrate the Korean director’s importance, after winning two significant Oscars with Parasite.
What better way to resume these themes and transpose them into a series available to stream on Netflix?
Will, they hit the mark? Take a seat in your car, relax, and get ready to find out what the first five episodes of Snowpiercer have in store for you.
- Bong Joon-Ho’s contribution to the series is purely symbolic, as he took on the producer and project supervisor’s role.
- This version of Snowpiercer represents a new direction for the franchise, moving from the comic genre and sometimes rude drama to a more American format, namely the cop.
- The configuration is practically the same: in 2014, to try to solve the problem of global warming, missile warheads containing an experimental gas capable of cooling the planet’s temperature were launched.
- The result is catastrophic. The entire planet remains frozen, and humanity is forced to face a new Ice Age.
- Those who survived ride inside the Snowpiercer, a 1,001 wagon long train, pushed thanks to the revolutionary Eternal Engine developed by driver Lord Wilford.
- Despite the high technology of this means of transport. There is one within the unstable class division close to the head. We have the first class, with an exclusive club of the rich and powerful inside.
- From the second, we can see the apparent disparity in hygiene and respect for human rights.
- Until we get to the tail of the train. Where the passengers inside it are treated like slaves and slaughter meat.
- From this moment on, the series’s events are unleashing, loyalty to the original work. Draws inspiration from both the graphic novel and the film to tell a new story.
- The instability of this mini-society founded on an order is further affecting when nothing begins to happen.
- A series of murders that force train staff to trust Andre Layton (Daveed Diggs), the only detective on the train who ironically belongs to the car at the back of the train.
- Although this series’s premise is exciting and leads to talk about classism, moral confrontation, and the dystopian relationship between man and machine.
- And the train’s points and scenes in Bong Joo-Ho’s film could not be represented. , given its linear narrative.
- We will have to see how the rest of the series will develop. In the next 5 episodes and how the ending will be managed. Especially thinking about a second season already confirmed and in pre-production.
A director’s shoe
- The title of this paragraph is purely ironic. And follows the example of one of the dialogues of the original film. “A shoe cannot and must not reach the control room.
- ” I say this because while watching the episodes. At some point, it seemed to me that one between the director or the editor absents for some scene.
- There are times when the camera manages to capture the correct shot. Especially when it comes to useful details to describe a character.
- Followed by “Boris” repertoire shots: there are many stunned close-ups.
- Although they take a few seconds from the minute, they tend to putty and rallentareSet. The edition also follows a similar fate.
- There are times when different sequences connect well to each other, while some are inserting without any continuity criteria.
- In short, the television series Snowpiercer turns out to be the right product with its own identity,
- which for the moment, struggles to get out entirely of the commonplace in which most American crime series navigate.
- However, after the first 5 episodes, I am confident that the path taking is the right one. We will see if they can drive this train without encountering the mistakes of the past.