Canon EOS M50 – Key Features, Pricing, Availability, and More
Canon EOS M50
Here the Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M in Asia) is an entry-level mirrorless camera that features an electronic viewfinder.
It is a fully articulating touchscreen, single control dial, and a 24MP APS-C sensor – the same used by its M-series siblings.
It has Canon’s latest DIGIC 8 processor and offers expanded Dual Pixel AF coverage, 4K/24p video capture (with a 1.7x crop), as well as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and NFC.
What are the Key Features?
- 24MP APS-C CMOS sensor
- Also, EF-M lens mount with care for EF/EF-S lenses with an elective adapter
- Dual Pixel autofocus for calms and 1080p video
- DIGIC 8 processor
- 2.36M-dot OLED EVF
- 1.04M-dot in vari-angle LCD
- 7.4 fps burst in AF-C (10 fps in AF-S)
- 4K/24p UHD in the video (1.7x crop)
- 1080/60p and 720/120p HD video
- Wi-Fi and NFC with the Bluetooth
- 235 is shot-per-charge battery live in it (per CIPA)
1 year ago, we met with Canon executives in Yokohama, Japan – you can read the full interview here. At the time, they promised the brand’s main strategic focus going forward would be connectivity and video.
The M50 is a clear indication that Canon is creating good on that promise. The first Canon camera will automatically send photos to your smartphone after each shot and the first M-series to offer 4K.
But before you get too happy about that last bit, it’s worth noting that 4K comes with a heavy 1.7x crop, and Dual Pixel AF is not available in 4K (contrast-detection AF is available).
The M50 is the first Canon to use the new CR3 Raw format:
- The Dual Pixel AF can be used in all other video modes, counting 1080/60p. It still covers 80% x 80% of the sensor but now with 99 selectable points (up from 49 on previous M cameras).
- And with specific lenses (18-150mm, 28mm macro, and 55-200mm), that coverage
increases to 88% x 100% with 143 points.
- The M50 is the first Canon to use the new CR3 Raw arrangement, an updated compression option called C-Raw.
- (compressed full resolution, rather than the downsized ‘Small’ and ‘Medium’ Raw formats).
How can we Compare?
However, the M50 is an entry-level camera. It’s priced a bit higher than a lot of other entry-level offerings.
Below we’ve compared it to approximately of its Canon peers as well as similar-priced mirrorless cameras.
|Canon M100||Canon M6||Panasonic G85||Sony a6300||Fujifilm X-T20|
|Sensor size||APS-C||Also APS-C||APS-C||Four Thirds||APS-C||APS-C|
|Stabilization||Lens IS + digital||Also Lens IS||Lens IS||Sensor + lens IS||Lens IS||Lens IS|
|AF system (live view)||Dual Pixel w/121 points*||Also Dual Pixel w/49 points||Dual Pixel w/49 points||Depth from Defocus||Hybrid AF w/425 PDAF points||Hybrid AF w/91 PDAF points|
|LCD||3″ fully-articulating||Also 3″ tilting||3″ tilting||3″ fully-articulating||Also 3″ tilting||3″ tilting|
|Number of control dials||1||1||3||2||Also, 2||2|
|Touchscreen||Yes||Also Yes||Yes||Also Yes||No||Yes|
|Burst speed (with AF)||7.4 fps||4 fps||7 fps||6 fps||11 fps||8 fps|
|Wireless||Wi-Fi + NFC + BT||Wi-Fi + NFC + BT||Also Wi-Fi + NFC + BT||Wi-Fi||Also Wi-Fi + NFC||Wi-Fi|
|Battery life||235 shots||295 shots||295 shots||320 shots||400 shots||350 shots|
|USB charging||No||Also No||No||Also, Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Weight||387 g||302 g||390 g||505 g||404 g||383 g|
What is the Pricing and Availability of Canon EOS M50?
- The Canon EOS M50 is valued at $780 body-only in either black or white.
- It also vessels in various kits, including with the EF-M 15-45mm for $900. And with both the EF-M 15-45mm and EF-M 55-200mm for $1250.
- MORE INFO:- itechhit
Best practices for creating responsive HTML email templates
In the past, a responsive email design was considered to be a luxury. But today, it has become a necessity….
7 Most Common Mistakes You Are Making in Pub G
If you are a true gamer, you must know what pubg is. Currently, pubg mobile is one of the most…